Thirty-Three Summer-time things to do in and around Bigfork, Montana
1. Take a scenic drive through Glacier National Park on the Going-to-the-Sun Road.
2. Visit Wild Horse Island on Flathead Lake.
3. Pick your own fresh cherries along Flathead Lake.
8. Enjoy Downtown Bigfork shopping and eating establishments.
9. Experience whitewater rafting on the Flathead River.
10. Take a hot air balloon ride.
11. Fly fish on the Flathead River.
12. Go skydiving.
13. View the one-of-a kind art exhibit at the Bigfork Museum of Art and History
14. Go bird-watching in Bigfork.
15. Take in a show at the Bigfork Summer Playhouse.
16. Hike to the top of Mount Aeneas in the Jewel Basin Wilderness.
17. Experience the Zip Line Adventure at Whitefish Mountain Resort
18. Listen to live music at Sliter’s Park in Bigfork, a summer concert series.
19. Learn about the history of Northwest Montana at the Museum at Central School.
22. Have a family BBQ at Harry Horn Park right next to Wayfarer’s State Park.
23. Experience the elegance of a bygone era at the Conrad Mansion Museum.
24. Kayak the Swan River.
25. Take a step back in time with a visit to the Miracle of America Museum in Polson.
26. Fish Echo Lake where you can find bass, trout, pike, perch and sunfish in this warm shallow lake.
27. Drive the Red Sleep Mountain drive at the National Bison Range.
31. Have a “Flathead Monster” burger at Burgertown.
32. Try your skill at the MAZE, Hungry Horse, MT. How fast can you find your way out of the MAZE?
33. Rent a boat to cruise around Flathead Lake. Flathead Lake is 29 miles long and 15 miles wide.